“I love travel: the excitement of arriving at a new destination, discovering a hidden treasure at a local market, and sampling a region’s food and wine.”
Sonia is the owner and manager of Sonia Jones Travel. She has lived in Japan, speaks Japanese, and still travels there frequently, giving her a real insight into the country. Her knowledge of and connections to local destinations allows her to introduce her clients to some wonderful, off-the-beaten track experiences. One of her favorites is the remote village of Gokanosho, home to Japan’s last descendants of samurai.
Sonia has an affinity for all things Italian, thanks to her heritage and love of pasta. She has also ticked off some incredible bucket list travel moments, including watching the sunrise from the summit of Mt. Kinabalu in Borneo; being surrounded by sumo in Tokyo; hot air ballooning over the Masai Mara in Kenya; staying in a 400 year old stone Trullo house in Alberobello, Puglia; seeing the temples of Angkor Wat for the first time; and climbing into a pyramid in Giza.
17 years in travel, including 12 years with Flight Centre and Travel Associates, 3 years with MTA Mobile Travel Agents, and now a current Savenio Affiliate.
Areas of specialty
Luxury travel, planning detailed itineraries and family travel experiences. Sonia has travelled extensively across the globe, however her favourite destinations are Japan and Italy.
- Belmond & Bellini
- Hyatt Prive
- VITA by Leading Hotels of the World
- CLIA member
- Flight Centre Global Achiever – 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014
- MTA Travel Platinum Consultant – 2015, 2016, 2017
- MTA Innovation & Marketing Engagement Award – 2016
- Virtuoso Most Innovative Advisor Asia/Pacific Nominee – 2018
- Telstra Women in Business Award Nominee – 2019
- Virtuoso Most Admired Advisor Asia/Pacific Nominee – 2019
To contact Sonia, complete the box below:
Otherwise please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0450 154 478.